The 3,45,000 tpa capacity Aluminium Smelter is located at Angul in Orissa. Based on energy efficient state-of-the-art technology of smelting and pollution control, the Smelter Plant is in operation since early 1987.
Presently, the capacity is being expanded to 4,60,000 tpa.
The salient features:
- Advanced 180 KA cell technology
- Micro-processor based pot regulation system
- Fume treatment plant with dry-scrubbing system for pollution control and fluoride salt recovery
- Integrated facility for manufacturing carbon anodes, bus bars, anode stems etc.
- 4 x 35 tone and 4 x 45 tone furnaces and 2 x 15 tph and 2 x 20 tph ingot casting machines
- 4 x 45 tonne furnaces and 2 x 9.5 tph wire rod mills
- 2 x 45 tonne furnaces and 60/42 per drop billet casting machine
- 2 x 1.5 tonne induction furnace with a 4 tph alloy ingot casting machine
- 26,000 tpa strip casting machines
With the acquisition and subsequent merger of International Aluminium Products Limited (IAPL) with Nalco, the 50,000 tpa export-oriented Rolled Products Unit is all set to produce foil stock, fin stock, can stock, circles, coil stock, cable wraps, standard sheets and coils
Rolled Products Unit
Nalco has set up a 50,000 MT per annum Rolled Products Unit, integrated with the Smelter Plant at Angul, for production of aluminium cold rolled sheets and coils from continuous caster route, based on the advanced technology of FATA Hunter, Italy.